New York 5-Day Plein Air Workshop
Stone Barns Center (Pocantico Hills, NY)
Monday, October 5th - Friday, October 9th, 2015
I am thrilled to be teaching this workshop. The Stone Barns Center is a great location less than an hour from Manhattan offering plenty of variety and an opportunity to study fall color with the prismatic palette.
Day 1 Will begin with an in-depth lecture on the prismatic palette and be followed by an afternoon Demonstration.
Days 2-5 Students will be working in the field — plan on working on 2 paintings per day.
It is my practice to get around for frequent critiques so you will get plenty of help.
All Levels Welcome (Humility Required)
Stone Barns Center (Pohantico Hills, NY) - stonebarnscenter.org
Required Materials List
- Good Field Easel or Tripod based Pochade Box
- Painting Umbrella (Artwork Essentials in Irvine California has the best I've used)
- White – Cremnitz or Titanium (your choice)
- Cadmium Yellow Light (Old Holland or Rembrant)
- Cadmium Yellow (Winsor Newton)
- Cadmium Orange (Winsor Newton)
- Cadmium Scarlet or Cadmium Red Light (Winsor Newton)
- Alizarin Crimson (Winsor Newton)
- Manganese Blue (Old Holland or Bloxx)
- Cobalt Blue (Winsor Newton)
- Ultramarine Blue (Winsor Newton)
- Ivory Black (Winsor Newton)
- Raw Umber (Winsor Newton. For Toning Panels)
- Pthalo Green (Old Holland or Gamblin)
- Painting Medium – 50/50 Mixture of Cold Pressed Linseed Oil & Gamsol or Turpenoid. (Keep in a separate bottle)
- Palette Cups
- Paper Towels
- Garbage Bags
- Palette Knives (2)
- Brushes - Long Bristle Flats or Filberts (Two each, #2, #4, #6, #8, #10)
- Panels (your choice) Sizes: 8x10”, 9x12”, 11x14”, 12x16” (or metric equivalent)
Plan on two paintings each day. Panels should be toned with a light imprimatura of Raw Umber & White. As for value, think Mocha!
- Brush Washer (Be sure to keep it double bagged in ziplock bags)
- Sennelier Gel 'N Dry – This is ideal to mix with your white when traveling to ensure bringing home dry panels.
- Panel Box – to safly transport panels
To Register for this Workshop
Enrollment is limited, so do not hesitate to register. Registration forms (available here) must be completed in full and accompanied by a check, made pable to: "Joseph Paquet Studio, LLC" to reserve your position in the class.